Love cakes and baking? Me too!

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy reading about my efforts in the kitchen!

Sunday 17 June 2012

Peony Cupcakes

I made these as a bit of an experiment. I wanted to try piping my rose-flavoured buttercream in the shape of a rose on top of each cake. It worked ok. I think that they do look a bit like a peonies with their tightly compacted petals. I put crystallised violet petals on top of each cake to add to the flower theme. They have a lovely delicate flavour which reminds me a bit of those parma violet sweets I used to have as a kid!





2 comments:

  1. What type of tip did you use for this flower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! The tip I used says it's a Wilton 1E but it also says KOREA on it so I'm not sure that it this is correct - I bought it on Ebay. I'm gonna try piping meringue stars with it at some point this month. I'll post the results. Please follow me :)

    ReplyDelete